How to Get Rid of Cold Sores Forever Naturally With Simple Diet and Lifestyle Changes

I have given up too many good weeks of my life to cold sores. I used to wake up every month or two to that awful tingling bump on my lip that all cold sore sufferers recognize and dread. From there, I put up with up to two weeks of embarrassment and pure hell, all as a giant blister explodes and festers on my lips. I'll cut to the chase -- cold sores suck, and chances are, you agree. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, though: I've learned how to get rid of cold sores and I haven't suffered from a cold sore for over two years. This article will explain how I've pulled this off.

My first cold sore came around seven years old. They kept coming like clock work afterward, every two or three months, typically lasting up to two weeks. God that was terrible. I eventually got a prescription for acyclovir which reduced the time I spent with my cold sores but a couple days, but did nothing to actually stop them from coming.

\"Simple Diet\"

Unfortunately, there's no way you can get rid of the herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) that causes cold sores, but I discovered, after too much lost time to cold sores, that it is possible to essentially put HSV-1 into remission using natural techniques surrounding your diet and lifestyle.

How to Get Rid of Cold Sores Forever Naturally With Simple Diet and Lifestyle Changes

The HSV-1 virus survives and thrives in an acidic body environment. If you're eating acidic foods -- and most western diets include nothing but acidic food items -- then you are giving your cold sores a perfect feeding ground. Illness and stress also lead to a more acidic environment inside the body.

I haven't suffered from a cold sore for over two years now because I've been able to balance the pH level in my body through diet and lifestyle modifications. There are guides online that will show you the same thing.

How to Get Rid of Cold Sores Forever Naturally With Simple Diet and Lifestyle Changes

To learn more about using your diet to naturally put your cold sores into remission forever, check out ColdSores.its-fyi.com [http://coldsores.its-fyi.com].

If you are currently suffering from a cold sore and want to get rid of it naturally, check out our FREE fever blister article collection [http://coldsores.its-fyi.com].

Thank you for reading!